Oh hi. It’s been awhile. This is what happens to me this time of year though, I barely have time to eat dinner because I’m so tired when I get home. Forget doing laundry, catching up with friends, or doing anything leisurely. But still….I love my job unconditionally.
Tonight I had loads of energy when I got home (probably because today was a slow and dreary one). I helped my dad make dinner, made my lunch for tomorrow, showered, and am now comfy and content on my bed with my Berry Detox Yogi tea and a spoonful of peanut butter.
This past weekend I worked a long, hot Saturday. After work I took a pretty quick hour and a half drive down to Philly to visit with two of my best friends that recently moved in together. My friend and her boyfriend made us all an amazing dinner, and then we just sat around a table with drinks and cards talking and joking around. It was perfect. We reminisced about college and talked about our upcoming vacation to the Outer Banks.
I had such a good weekend that I started thinking about the things I love and what makes me happy. So I’m going to share some things with you that I can’t get enough of…maybe you’ll get more of an idea of who I am…if you don’t already know.
1) my friends. I’m sure most people would say this, but my friends are my life. I spent Sunday in my pjs on a couch with coffee watching the rain and chatting with my old friends. It was amazing. Not boring, just comfortable. Everyone should have people like that.
2) my job. I know I always talk about it and focus on it but it’s an enormous part of my life. We all work every day and if you don’t love your job why spend 3/4 of your time doing that? I work hard, in the sun, and interact with people all day. It’s incredible.
3) coffee. I don’t go far fast without coffee. It’s one of my biggest comforts. I take it strong with either half and half or whole milk (because I like it creamy) and NO sugar. Ever. Iced coffee on a spring day with the windows down and a friend in the passenger seat…yes please. A hot cup of coffee on a rainy chilly day… Yum. Anyway, anyhow.
4) tomatoes. Oh baby. I’m a veggie freak, but tomatoes are my weakness. Grape, heirloom, yellow, pink, purple, green, raw, roasted, fried, on salads, with eggs, shall I keep going? My dad and I plant a huge vegetable garden every Spring and we wait impatiently for our tomatoes to ripen. And then we eat them all day every day.
5) holding hands. Kind of girly, huh? But I think interlocking fingers and laying your palm on someone else’s is one of the most intimate things you can do. You use your hand for almost everything you do, and to use it to hold on to the one you love is a very important thing to me. When I hold someone’s hand it’s because I want them to know I’m there, to feel safe, and to be close to me.
That’s all I have the energy for tonight….but that was fun. Maybe my next post will be a continuation. Or five things I dislike. I hope this makes you think of things you can’t live without! Goodnight friends.