August was a busy month for me. I just got back from my best friend’s wedding, which was a three day event since I was the Maid of Honor. And the week before that I spent 7 days in the Outer Banks with a lovely bunch of college friends. In between vacation and work I had to help the bride with finishing details, write a speech, make a slideshow, and so on and so on.
So now Im back… it is a new month and I can finally take a breath. Today was a pretty relaxing day; I didn’t work today because of the holiday and I didn’t go anywhere because of the dreary weather. I did some laundry, drank some coffee, uploaded and organized some photos and did some thinking. I decided that since it is a new month and my crazy schedule will has finally leveled out, I should make myself some goals for this month. I’m only going to start with 5 goals…Don’t want to fail on my first try! So here goes…
1) Drink more water. This is something I always try to do. I don’t really drink anything other than coffee or water (occasionally seltzer) but I could definitely drink more water – we all could. Water helps you maintain/lose weight, cleanses your body, and keeps your skin clear. When I’m at work I number my water bottles. It helps keep me focused on how much I’m drinking, and motivates me to drink more. When I started doing this two of my friends at work thought it was a good idea and tagged along. I just have to keep it up! (ps. I almost always add a lemon.)
2) Sit up straight. This one just came up as Im sitting here slouched over my keyboard. My mom usually tells us when we are slouching at the dinner table..but I am rarely conscious of it. I need to work on pushing my shoulders back and better posture. Good luck with this one…
3) Keep my room/car clean. I usually try to keep a pretty clean living space.. but work and life get in the way a lot. My car is the same way, its new so it makes me somewhat conscious of it, but as my car gets older I seem to not care as much. Im either in my car or in my room – so if these are both clean I feel like my brain will be less cluttered. Here goes.
4) Eat clean. While I was on vacation, I discovered the Paleo Diet. My friend’s boyfriend follows this lifestyle and I was intrigued by it. I somewhat follow it already because I cut out wheat and many grains…but I would love to totally cut out preservatives and other bad things. This will take time, but I think I can manage it.
5) Save money. I now have taken on all of my bills (aside from rent and food since I’m still an adult child at home). I still tend to splurge on things I don’t need.. I need to up my savings.
These are probably some typical goals that most people try to follow.. but do they really actually follow them? Lets see how I do.
What would your monthly goals be?