Today I signed up for Foodie Penpals!!! Im super excited.. I have not heard back yet from Lindsay (theleangreenbean) but I just filled out the form. I found Foodie Penpals on Instagram. It was an accident.. one of the people that I follow tagged #foodiepenpal and I haphazardly clicked on it to see what it would lead to. After buzzing through some photos that were tagged under the same hashtag I decided to google it. I love networking.
I was intrigued by what I found; A Penpal program with some easy guidelines and some incredible outcomes!
Here is what I’ve gathered from her site:
– I will get paired with another foodie in the US through email on the 5th of November (or on the 5th of whichever month you sign up in time to participate in)
– You then (on your own) must contact your partner for address exchange, and allergy info ( or lifestyle info like if you are a Vegan, Vegetarian, etc)
– Then you shop! Or bake.. depending on what you decide to send. You must do this by the 15th of the month and your budget is $15.
– Write something! You have to include something personal in the box.. which makes perfect sense to me. I not only want to try new things, I want to meet a new person. I can’t wait. You can send a note, a recipe, anything you want.
– Post about what you received! Obviously not everyone involved has a blog… but most do, and everyone involved has obviously been on the blog scene..
I hope I get an interesting partner that teaches me something new. I keep thinking how cool it would be to have a partner that is on the West Coast since Im on the East. But it doesn’t matter because I will always have someone different! I will definitely keep you updated.
If you are interested you should look into it and try it out too! I used a lot of exclamation points in this post but Im just super pumped about it.